Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Hearts physical strength vs. numbers

"I don't need a number to determine the strength of my heart" is what I posted on Facebook last week while putting in some hard labor in the gym. I say this to myself because I believe in speaking things into existence rather good or bad. The reality is that I do need that number because it determines how long I remain on Losartan, Carvedilol, and Hydrochlorothiazide. Everyday I have to take this medications, but on the same note I need to get down to a clinically acceptable weight so my heart does not have to work so hard. This gets frustrating when I do my part, and my body does not respond as I would like. The doctors can't help me because the medications that they use in their patients for weight-loss could actually relapse me. I can't help, but to wonder if I didn't catch a virus in December would my numbers be normal at this point. That was in the past and everyday I have to do my part as I speak to my heart and tell it to do the same. Yes, I literally speak to my heart. Anyway, my next echocardiogram is on an very important day...Bella's birthday! I can't wait to see how much progress my heart has made in numbers because in my mind it beats strong, but I NEED TO GET OFF THESE MEDS!!!! 


Talk happiness; talk faith; talk health. Say you are well, and all is well with you, and God shall hear your words and make them true.~Ella Wheeler Wilcox
American Author and Poet




No comments:

Post a Comment